Morning Bird Morning Bird

This is pretty fucking awesome. I love the diversity in sounds of the melody!

DJ-Howwl responds:

Thank you! I was really aiming to portray a certain kind of feeling, and all of those sounds combined achieved that, I think! :D

Sadface - MWO - Polar Highlands Concept Sadface - MWO - Polar Highlands Concept

Very nice! Your composition is versatile with sounds/chord progression and your music is really telling a journey/story. The build-up is very nice and I liked to hear the updated version with "a proper bridge/outro etc." ;)

The only feedback I can give you is about the orchestra sounds (big drums, strings). To me they sound kinda "midi-ish" and kinda static. If they would be a bit more dynamic it would help a lot with the buildup of the song. Also the mix between the big pads, synths, dreamy stuff (the intro) and the orchestra midi seems very different. The strings to me are in another space of some sort. Are you working with aux/send reverb effects? This can help to make your mix blend :)

Keep up the great work! Oh and I also love that you work with Reason, awesome software :)

PsychoAnalYsiS PsychoAnalYsiS

Damn, I dig this. It gave me genuinely the creeps, would be awesome for a fucked up scene in a movie / serie. It reminds me of the television serie Hannibal, but this is way more industrial. If you haven't watch Hannibal: WATCH IT! The sound design / music is brilliant in that serie :) As feedback I would give you the advice to give it a little bit more room with reverb / delays. In my opinion the mix sounds a bit dry, while it could be open and even more scary.

Anyway, very good work! :)

SlaughterClub responds:

thanks a lot buddy & yes i had been watching the Hannibal series & was very impressed with it & yes the sound design i noticed was very interesting & unique but not to sure about the 3rd season seems to be just.?? flash backs or something ? but will have have to try & get back into it
cheers 4 stopping by m8 ;-0

Dirty Dubstep Dirty Dubstep

Fart at the end = 5 stars

Dubstep - Ragnar0k Dubstep - Ragnar0k

- Feeling (Basically what I feel while listening)
Remember, this is all my personal opinion ;) I listen with a Sennheiser 650 HD headphone.

Dubstep - RagnarOk
Composition:
You played around with the song progression and breaks in a very creative way. I has a nice intro that leads into a well ending. I see a potential here. Also: I like the way you use very different sounding synths / sounds. It makes it diverse to listen to.

Mixing:
Although I see a lot of potential, this track is a long way from „perfect’ and in my opinion that’s because of the mixing. There is one main thing you may consider working on: The power of the beat.
Your mid / high synths (all the wobbling and glitching) are very big and open and are the „lead” of the song. But still I have the feeling they don’t have a very solid ground to stand on. They don’t jump out as they supposed to. The solid ground in this case is your beat and bass. The kick lacks the punchy feeling and your snare doesn’t have much mid freq whereby it doesn’t pierce through. Maybe look op some mixing tutorials on punchy dubstep kicks / snares. Your track could have a lot more power and that would be really cool!

Feeling:
It has a very glitchy vibe which I really like. It brings me to a very space like mechanical world with transformers and aliens. Something like that :)

Main thing: Work on your mixing! You will get better over time, I guarantee it ;) Keep on making more! :D

trunotfals responds:

Wow thanks for this awesome review I LOVE IT. I picked up some mixing techniques that have made my tracks a lot better from what they used to be but I know I have a lot to learn! I'm always looking to improve my mixes and I guess now im going to work on this one even more after this review! I'm very new to mixing haha. Thank you So much. Check out this songs original mix to see the improvement if you'd like!

Space Station 9 Space Station 9

Composition
I like it! The timing is a bit weird but it all fits together. Nice progression switch at 0:46. It's gives a really sleepy feeling ^^

Mixing:
Overall it fits together. You leveled your sounds out quit well; nothing is to loud and you can hear every sound in the mix. Still I have two main things to mention in your mix:
1. Try to balance out your frequency spectrum. Your mid frequencies (400 Hz - 800 Hz) maybe are slightly too loud. Try to cut some sounds with a EQ around 600 Hz, maybe it will smooth your track even more.
2. The first part is really dreamy with a lot of sustain, and that's what makes it magical. But the beat/bass that comes in is really dry, and in my opinion it takes away the dreamy feeling. Try to play around with reverb on the snare / hi hat. Maybe a little should be enough to make your track more open :)

Feeling:
As mentioned earlier, I get a magical / dreamy feeling. It could fit right in a easy phased game or something.

Keep up the good work! :)

Veenomn responds:

Thank you for the review. It means a lot :) I will hopefully improve in the points you made.

Don't Give Up On Me Don't Give Up On Me

Composition:
Nothing really special, but still works for a kind of happy / restful feeling. Nice melody lines, nothing is to crowed or crosses each other in the composition.

Mixing:
In my opinion, the main synth that comes at 0:29 is way to overwhelming. It's everywhere, leaving no space for reverb, the melody lines or anything that needs to punch through. The synths has a lot of white noise (maybe lowpass filter a bit?) is really loud compared to the other sounds in the track. Tip: Level it down and maybe sidechain it to the kick more heavily. I think your trying to accomplish the "big" feeling, but maybe's this is a bit to much. Also, I think the rest of the sounds (drum + melody lines) will come out better if you fix this.

Feeling:
Overwhelming in a good way. I think of a very colorful ride through space. It's a bit final fantasy like with electronic elements in it :)

Overall:
I can hear the potential, but the mix makes it hard for me to listen to. Look up some masterclass mixing tutorials and make your mix more balanced out, and I would love to hear this track again :)

kylermannn responds:

Thanks for the review! You're definitely right about pretty much everything. I feel like mixing and mastering has been what's holding me back for a while now since I suck at it so much haha.

Hectic restraint Hectic restraint

Composition:
A quite simple chord progressions, still very effective! The various melody lines makes it interesting to listen to. Maybe you can play around a bit with a little alteration in your chord progression in your future tracks, slight changes can do a lot. Watch some videos about composition. But I have to say, for your first project this is kinda good :)

Mixing:
This track could be a lot more pumping. The bass is kind of muddy and and the kick could have a bit more power. The melody lines are awesome and powerful, but in my opinion they don't have a solid surface to stand on (drums + bass). Tutorial on bass / Kick mixing; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niy3INBAm3c. It isn't really your kind of music, but the method is the same. I would start here :)

Feeling:
Awesome. Energetic, it would nice for a fast phased game.

Overall:
Keep on making music. I'm pretty impressed since it's your first piece of music. You have potential :)

BlastBeats responds:

Thanks a lot for this extremely detailed (so very helpful) review. I've been listening some electronic music now since two weeks (which is quite a shame) or so, and I see that my work needs some improvement (for which there always is space). Your words have fulfilled the task to be good resources in my journey to make music be so energetic as possible (fancy english). Stay awesome man ;)

EvenJellion EvenJellion

Well, this was pretty weird. Normally I review in categories, but this review is gonna be a little bit shorter because I can’t really put my finger on this track.

This song was a experience :P I don’t really liked it, because it’s freaking my out and it’s kind of tedious to listen to. But on the other side, it gives a very creepy feeling and that would be perfect for a weird game or video. If you look at it that way, I really dig it.

Rating: 4 stars

Cha Loch Ness Cha Loch Ness

Composition:
I love it. It’s simple and very diverse. The melody lines are all chopped and with different sounds, it’s sound awesome. Nothing to mention really ^^

Mixing:
Your track sounds really fat, and in this case that’s a good thing. The kick & bass are well mixed together and you can hear every sound cause it’s balanced out really well. The only thing I can mention that it could have been a bit more dirtier. Little bit more overdrive on certain sound, but that’s my kind of taste really :)

Feeling:
Awesooome. It immediately grooves and everybody starts nodding they’re head on the ritme. This is really promising, but only a bit short. If you could make this a full length song, it would go directly in my playlists. I really love your style, finish it up ;)

Also, very detailed author comment. It gives the final touch <3
Rating: 4,5 stars

phosphorusprocedure responds:

Thanks for the review! I might do an extended version later. Time will tell.